- Tamales have been around for almost 9,000 years!
- The origin of tamales can be traced back to the Aztecs, Mayans, and Incans.
- The Aztecs made tamales for the festival Atamalcualiztli to celebrate the birth of the corn god and Izcalli to pay respects to the fire god.
- In the Huasteca region of Mexico, people make tamales that weigh over 100 pounds and are around 10 feet long!
- March 23rd is unofficially celebrated as National Tamale Day.
Looking for the best Mexican food in Aurora Colorado? Book a table at El Chubby’s today.